DDE – Diploma in Design Engineering for Oil & Gas Industry
DDE (Diploma in Design Engineering for Oil & Gas Industry)
About the Program:
SEA has partnered with KCT who has signed a MoU for five years with Cameron Manufacturing India Pvt Ltd, a Schlumberger Company to run a four month Diploma in Design Engineering for Oil and Gas Industry for Diploma Mechanical students in May 2019. This year we have launched the program with 25 students. After successfully completing this program they will join the company as “Designers”.
About the Company:
Cameron, a Schlumberger company, is a leading provider of flow equipment products, systems and services to worldwide oil, gas and process industries. Leveraging its global manufacturing, sales and service network; the five operating segments of Cameron work with oil & gas industry experts spanning many markets and applications; to create the flow control technologies that energize the world. In 2016 Schlumberger took over Cameron, so now it’s part of a 32 Billion USD company with over 1,00,000 employees across 85 countries. In India they have two engineering centers at Coimbatore & Pune, they also have technical offices at Mumbai, Delhi & Barmer.
Cameron group has five segments:
Valves & Measurement
The creativity, energy and expertise of our people are our most important asset and source of competitive advantage. Our success depends on the strength of our people, whom we develop from within.
We aim attract, develop, motivate and retain our people based on the following principles:
- Promote diversity of culture, gender and thought
- Train and develop continuously
- Promote based on performance and potential
- Offer borderless career opportunities (Geographically / Functionally / New product line)
- Offer a competitive compensation and benefits package
- Respect and care for individuals and their families
Engineering Centre at Coimbatore:
- CMI is located in Coimbatore city, in the state of Tamil Nadu.
- Cameron Manufacturing India Pvt. Ltd (CMI) encompasses 110,000 SFT of office space to accommodate up to 1000 personnel.
- Headcount currently 930; Capabilities: Engineering, IT Support, Sourcing & Others; from 2013, CMI under Corporate Operational Excellence Group, as service providers to businesses.
- Fully Sponsored by CMI-SLB (Includes Course fees, accommodation, boarding and other course related expenses)
- Course Duration: 4 months
- Student In-Take: 25
- Guaranteed employment at CMI-SLB
- Salary above par with Industry
- Residential facility provided
- Expert faculties from India & Abroad
- Application oriented learning
- Industry focused curriculum
- Training in Design software
- State of the art infrastructure
- Hi-Tech Design workstations
- Fully equipped library
- Learner friendly environment
The curriculum was framed to give these young minds an overview about the basics of Oil & gas industry and give intensive training in design software’s, so that they are industry ready from day one. Along the regular technical sessions they are also involved in various extra-curricular activities so that they get a holistic development during their stay with us. In total they spend 730 hours of training with us in four months.
- Overview of Oil & Gas Industry and CAM product lines
- Machine Drawing
- Design Basis & Materials
- Design for Manufacturability
- Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance
- CAD Lab – Autodesk Inventor
Other Interactions & Activities:
- Soft Skills
- Personality Development Sessions
- Industry Visit
- Guest Lecture by experts & CMI-SLB team
- GD & T Training
- Out Bound Training
- Community service programs
- Sports, Music & Culture
- Academicians from KCT
- Academicians from other educational institutions
- Industrial experts
- Business heads
All 25 students of our first batch DDE is from Tamil Nadu & Kerala.